- Download the Microsoft Color Tool from GitHub (click the colortool.zip link to get the tool).
- Unzip the content of the colortool.zip compressed file. (If you need help, use this guide to extract all the files.
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click the result, and click Run as administrator.
- Type the following command to navigate to the folder that contains the Color Tool executable and press Enter:
In the above command, make sure to change c:\path\to\colortool with the path to the folder where you extract the “colortool” folder.
- Type the following command to change the Command Prompt color scheme and press Enter:
colortool -b scheme-name
- In the above command, make sure to change scheme-name with the name of the color scheme you want to use. You can figure out the name of the colors available in the “schemes” folder inside the “colortool” folder. For example, the current release, includes eight different schemes: